Wednesday 14 March 2018

Restaurant Favorite: Ooma

Ooma has been known as one of the best Japanese fusion restaurants in town. With Chef Bruce Ricketts as its executive chef, it was no surprise how Ooma grew fast and remained one of the most visited restaurants to date. And my latest visit last December made me remember why I dreamt of Ooma for days after my first bite of its mouthwatering dishes. 

Hello, Ooma.
I was greeted by a busy dining scene when I got to Ooma for dinner and there were only a few tables left waiting to be occupied before the place gets fully packed. 

Thankfully, my companions got there early and ordered ahead some of the bestsellers namely O-Gyoya (PHP245), Tuna Tataki (PHP198), Ebi Tempura Maki (PHP245), Salmon Skin Aburi Maki (PHP280) and Hanger Steak (PHP498). Service too was fast considering that the place was very busy.
I've had Ooma's gyoza before and it remains to be as delicious as when I first had it. Each dumpling was packed with pork, cabbage, gratinated mozzarella and cheddar giving every bite a burst of flavors. 
The unagi sauce on top added a nice sweet note to this appetizer. 
The Tuna Tataki was pretty good too. The thin slices of sesame crusted tuna paired with pickled mushrooms, red radish and fried shallots swimming in ginger garlic sauce had that harmonious blend of sweet, salty and tangy flavors that whet my appetite for the other dishes. 
If you prefer something heavier, Ebi Tempura Maki and Salmon Skin Aburi Maki are great options. 
Ooma turned your favorite crunchy prawn tempura into a quick meal by having it chopped to bite-sized pieces, wrapped in sushi rice and topped with aligue mayo. 
I may be (very) biased when I say I refer Salmon Skin Aburi Maki more as I am a big fan of this delectable fish. But when you torch this fantastic pinkish orange meat and top it with cheese, crispy salmon skin and teriyaki sauce, I'm sure most of you will agree with me. 
I've been hearing and reading a lot of praises for Ooma's Hanger Steak but I thought that they were just being too generous with good words. But that was till I tried this sous-vide hanging tender steak. It was indeed nothing short of delicious! Each bite was packed with fantastic flavors from white truffle oil, herb oil and Ponzu butter! Fragrant and rich in flavor, it was balanced by the sides sweet potato mash and crispy baby potato. It was so good that we ordered another one. 

Oh, and don't forget to ask for free unlimited rice! Diners can ask for some when they order mains. Ooma doesn't promote it though so it felt like an insider information being welcomed to a secret "rice" group when I found out about it. 

So, who's up for another trip to Ooma?

Ooma has three branches to date with its Greenbelt branch opening soon. This review is based on my visit at its BGC branch located at Lower Ground, Bonifacio High Street Central, 7th Avenue, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

Ooma Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management