Saturday 25 March 2017

Domino’s Style White Pasta Italiano

Domino’s Style White Pasta Italiano is a creamy pasta made in white sauce. I have made similar pasta with Alfredo Sauce which is much like todays with slight variations.

Domino’s Style Menu was the Day 3 Spread. I was planning on making a Thali from one of the Indian States. However, with Hubby dear travelling the weekend, I didn’t want him to miss the thali. He did tell me to go ahead and cook the spread. I was not happy with that thought and decided to make something that Kids will enjoy.

I must say Soumya’s Italian Spread inspired me in those lines. I was thinking about recreating Domino’s Menu for kids for a while now. I thought today was the best time as Hubby dear is not fond of pizzas or anything from Domino’s. It was such a fantastic move.

I had the dishes planned and ensured I had all the ingredients as well. I was planning about six dishes and must have kneaded 3 cups each of flour for all the dishes. My oven was giving me trouble the past week and it sort got alright. Never did I imagine that it will die on me today.

Imagine with 3 overflowing dough and two hungry boys. Konda had gone for school and I had planned to bake her in the evening. Trusting this will be done, I didn’t cook anything for lunch. I rushed to Amma’s place, only to get reconfirmed that she has only a microwave oven. For a moment, I was wondering what to do!

The very next thought came was Veena. I shot this idea to my parents and they said try your luck! I called her right away and she was so sweet enough to say you can come right away, though she was leaving out. I rushed back and packed the whole lot and took my boys along to help. We literally raced out as the dough was over proofed.

I was elated when I realised she has two ovens, a convection oven and a gas oven. I set out to get the batches ready and by the time it was done, it was way past evening. I was planning on clicking the entire 12″ pizza, but my boys were so hungry, that I had to slice it right away. Anyway, I was happy that my efforts didn’t go waste.

In this hungama, we were happy to taste Veena’s bake, which was simply too good, that Chinnu loved it as well. Her husband came home and must have thought his wife has weird friends.

By the time I could click pictures, everybody was so hungry, that I just kept some aside and all jumped in! So that will explain if the pizzas don’t look fresh out of the oven!

My sincere thanks to Veena for sharing her ovens, this post wouldn’t have been possible, if not for her!

Domino's Style White Pasta Italiano

Domino’s Style White Pasta Italiano

For the Pasta

2 cups Pasta
2 tbsp Cheese grated
1 tsp Pepper powder
1 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Garlic powder

For the White Sauce

1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Garlic crushed
3 tbsp Corn Flour
1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
1 cup Milk
1 tsp Pepper powder
1 tsp Oregano
Salt to taste

For the white Sauce

Heat a nonstick pan with butter, add crushed garlic and saute well. Then add the diluted cornflour paste. Cook well.
Slowly add 1/2 cup milk along with all purpose flour and simmer till it thickens. Add the seasonings. Allow to cool.
Take the mix in a mixer, blend it is smooth by adding more milk. Adjust the seasoning as required.

For the Pasta

Heat a big pan of water and bring to boil. Add the pasta and cook till done. Drain in a colander, add oil to ensure it doesn’t get stuck together.
Heat a nonstick pan with butter, add the cooked pasta and stir well.
Add 3 tbsp of white sauce, grated cheese and required seasoning.

Domino's Style White Pasta Italiano
Ingredients
For the Pasta
For the White Sauce
Instructions
For the white Sauce
  1. Heat a nonstick pan with butter, add crushed garlic and saute well. Then add the diluted cornflour paste. Cook well.
  2. Slowly add 1/2 cup milk along with all purpose flour and simmer till it thickens. Add the seasonings. Allow to cool.
  3. Take the mix in a mixer, blend it is smooth by adding more milk. Adjust the seasoning as required.
For the Pasta
  1. Heat a big pan of water and bring to boil. Add the pasta and cook till done. Drain in a colander, add oil to ensure it doesn't get stuck together.
  2. Heat a nonstick pan with butter, add the cooked pasta and stir well.
  3. Add 3 tbsp of white sauce, grated cheese and required seasoning.

BMLogo

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

The post Domino’s Style White Pasta Italiano appeared first on Spice your Life!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management